Skip to main content

It is Normal to not Like Yourself All the Time

It seems everyone I follow on social media has been struggling these last few weeks with body image. Even those girls I deem as having my dream body have been beating themselves up.

It seems that no matter how perfect the rest of the world deems us we all have those couple of things we absolutely hate and want to fix.

For me seeing all those other women be open and honest about it made me realize I wasn't alone. Even just having a five minute rant session with a fellow struggler made me more at peace with my own feelings of frustration at not being where I want to be.

It took me seven years to get my meal and fitness plan to a point where I don't stress about parties, eating out, missing a workout or just being human. I still, however stress about the size of my stomach, how big my butt is and how I can't fit in any normal size bra.

I recently had a conversation with one of my accountability partners about how my breasts seem to have grown in the last two months. She had to stop me mid conversation and ask if I was happy or upset about this. I am upset mostly because I really like being able to buy bathing suits and bras at the normal store because they are way cheaper than the specialty shops for us busty girls. I also understand that a lot of women would love my size. We all want something different and it is totally normal but I am on a mission to accept my body where it is and at every stage of my journey.

My first step is reading the book Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza. I am about half way through and will keep  you posted as I work on his practice to help you accept who you are. 

What tricks do you have for self acceptance and loving yourself where you are at?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did You Celebrate the Holiday?

Yesterday was Labor Day for those of us in the United States this holiday celebrates the social and economic achievements of American workers.  If you celebrated yesterday and you are feeling a little rough today here are three tips to help ease you into your Tuesday and get you feeling a bit better. 1. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces. If you indulged in adult beverages or ate some foods that are higher in sodium today than you are used to you may be feeling a little rough. Added electorylates could also help you feel a tad better, along with some green tea or black coffee for a boost of caffeinated energy without the sugar crash later.  2. Add some protein to each meal or snack (it will help keep your sugar levels stable) and add in some fruits and veggies for their antioxidant punch.  3. Don't beat yourself up for indulging. Life is about balance and one bad day, snack or meal won't wreck your progress. Get back on track today and ...

Carbs are Killing you?!

Do I have your attention?  Good. Because Carbs Aren't Killing You! They aren't making you fat either. I know, I know all the diet advice out there is telling you to cut carbs and you will lose weight. That isn't actually true. Well actually it is true, but not for the reason you think. All weight loss is is a calories deficit, calories in vs calories out. Simply: to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you burn off in a day. You want to know a super easy way to take in less calories a day? Cut out one of the higher calorie food groups and your calories consumed per day goes down. It's great news for those of you trying to lose weight....unless you actually really love bread, pasta and grains or like me if you cut those out of your diet completely your workouts suffer, you're tired all the time, going to the bathroom becomes a struggle and you slight hate life because you are hungry and grumpy all the time.  So what is a car...

The Six Key Elements to Nutrition Planning: Vitamins and Minerals

Building meal plans can be confusing with all the contradictory diet advice out there. There are however six key elements every meal plan should include. Today we are diving deeper into element number two: vitamins and minerals Vitamins and minerals are typically referred to as micronutrients. Just like with macronutrients your body needs these to help build, repair and perform at its optimal level. They are your nutritional safety net and help your body perform hundreds of vital functions. Micronutrients help every system in your body perform and can also help prevent disease and disorders including blindness and scurvy. Getting vital micronutrients can also help with creating strong bones, preventing birth defects and healthy teeth. Vitamins are organic compounds that can be broken down by heat, air or acid whereas minerals are inorganic compounds and hold their chemical structure. This just means it is easier for your body to obtain minerals through your diet thanks to soil,...