Skip to main content

I Missed My Favorite Foods

I remember life before I started my health journey. I was frustrated that working out didn't really do anything to make the weight fall off but I wasn't ready to give up my Taco Bell.

I found a solution that worked for me. I started my nutrition program and my coach told me to have one colorful meal with a protein, a carb, a veggie and some good fat.

So I had Taco Bell for dinner and followed her plan for my other meals and snacks. After all meat is protein, lettuce and tomato are vegetables, cheese and sour cream are good fats and chips and shells are carbs. Full disclosure this is 100% not what my coach meant when she told me to have a colorful meal but I still lost 30 pounds!

Then I was hungry for my next result and I was mentally ready to give up the Taco Bell, go to the grocery store and cook my own food.

Jump ahead a few years and I began meal prepping and eating super clean. I lost 10 more pounds.

There were a lot of meal fails in this part of my journey. Some of them were really bad, didn't taste good, didn't make me excited to eat them and I slowly started slipping back into old habits.

Then I had a light bulb go off. I wanted to be excited about the food I was eating, I wanted get amazing results and I wanted a way I could do both at the same time.

So I learned how to make healthier versions of my favorite foods, I simplified my meal plan so that no matter where I am at I can find something that fits and I figured out how to leverage my earned meals so that at social events I wasn't that person everyone said oh she won't eat that she's on a diet.

I am not on a diet. I live a healthy lifestyle. The difference is I still eat the foods I love. I have tacos almost every day and I am still getting results!

Life is to short to go on a diet. Instead learn how to balance good food with junk food. You can eat the foods you love and still get the results you want!

Want the meal plan I use?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did You Celebrate the Holiday?

Yesterday was Labor Day for those of us in the United States this holiday celebrates the social and economic achievements of American workers.  If you celebrated yesterday and you are feeling a little rough today here are three tips to help ease you into your Tuesday and get you feeling a bit better. 1. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces. If you indulged in adult beverages or ate some foods that are higher in sodium today than you are used to you may be feeling a little rough. Added electorylates could also help you feel a tad better, along with some green tea or black coffee for a boost of caffeinated energy without the sugar crash later.  2. Add some protein to each meal or snack (it will help keep your sugar levels stable) and add in some fruits and veggies for their antioxidant punch.  3. Don't beat yourself up for indulging. Life is about balance and one bad day, snack or meal won't wreck your progress. Get back on track today and ...

Carbs are Killing you?!

Do I have your attention?  Good. Because Carbs Aren't Killing You! They aren't making you fat either. I know, I know all the diet advice out there is telling you to cut carbs and you will lose weight. That isn't actually true. Well actually it is true, but not for the reason you think. All weight loss is is a calories deficit, calories in vs calories out. Simply: to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you burn off in a day. You want to know a super easy way to take in less calories a day? Cut out one of the higher calorie food groups and your calories consumed per day goes down. It's great news for those of you trying to lose weight....unless you actually really love bread, pasta and grains or like me if you cut those out of your diet completely your workouts suffer, you're tired all the time, going to the bathroom becomes a struggle and you slight hate life because you are hungry and grumpy all the time.  So what is a car...

The Six Key Elements to Nutrition Planning: Vitamins and Minerals

Building meal plans can be confusing with all the contradictory diet advice out there. There are however six key elements every meal plan should include. Today we are diving deeper into element number two: vitamins and minerals Vitamins and minerals are typically referred to as micronutrients. Just like with macronutrients your body needs these to help build, repair and perform at its optimal level. They are your nutritional safety net and help your body perform hundreds of vital functions. Micronutrients help every system in your body perform and can also help prevent disease and disorders including blindness and scurvy. Getting vital micronutrients can also help with creating strong bones, preventing birth defects and healthy teeth. Vitamins are organic compounds that can be broken down by heat, air or acid whereas minerals are inorganic compounds and hold their chemical structure. This just means it is easier for your body to obtain minerals through your diet thanks to soil,...