Skip to main content

What's in Your Pantry?

I am a creature of habit. When I find something that works I stick to it, partially because I love saving time by just repeating the same thing day in and day out to get the result I want; most people call it consistency I call it efficiency.

The key to succeeding at your goal is to set yourself up for success. This means having plans B-Z when plan A goes off track. This means having good choices on hand to grab when you are hungry or busy. Your pantry and fridge are either going to be your greatest asset or your hardest hurdle. Stock them wisely.

The great thing about this is that I know what I can keep on hand to fit my goals and set myself up for success so here are some of my staples, some I eat weekly, some are kept on hand incase life happens and I need something quick and easy to grab to avoid that drive through line.

Breakfast: I always do protein + a carb for breakfast

My staples are:
Oats, Kodiak Cakes (frozen is best for those in a hurry), eggs or egg whites, 7 grain ezekiel bread or english muffin, turkey sausage, fruit

Lunch/Dinner: Protein + complex carb + vegetable

My staples:
Protein-
Vegetarian options: Morning Star Chicken patties, Beyond beef crumbles
Meat options: I alternate one red meat and one white meat option each day and also have tuna packets, frozen fish/shrimp and frozen turkey burgers on hand for quick meals when I don't have something ready.

Carbs-
Minute rice individual, microwaveable serving containers, Steam Fresh lentil and zucchini pasta, tortilla chips, Flat Out Wraps

Vegetables-
Salsa, onions and peppers, steam fresh vegetables (currently living off brussel sprouts), asparagus, wholly guacamole

Snacks- Protein + carb

My staples:
My Little Rebellion Protein crisps, meal replacement shakes, post workout shake, Lactaid cottage cheese, Snack Factory pretzel crisps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did You Celebrate the Holiday?

Yesterday was Labor Day for those of us in the United States this holiday celebrates the social and economic achievements of American workers.  If you celebrated yesterday and you are feeling a little rough today here are three tips to help ease you into your Tuesday and get you feeling a bit better. 1. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces. If you indulged in adult beverages or ate some foods that are higher in sodium today than you are used to you may be feeling a little rough. Added electorylates could also help you feel a tad better, along with some green tea or black coffee for a boost of caffeinated energy without the sugar crash later.  2. Add some protein to each meal or snack (it will help keep your sugar levels stable) and add in some fruits and veggies for their antioxidant punch.  3. Don't beat yourself up for indulging. Life is about balance and one bad day, snack or meal won't wreck your progress. Get back on track today and ...

Carbs are Killing you?!

Do I have your attention?  Good. Because Carbs Aren't Killing You! They aren't making you fat either. I know, I know all the diet advice out there is telling you to cut carbs and you will lose weight. That isn't actually true. Well actually it is true, but not for the reason you think. All weight loss is is a calories deficit, calories in vs calories out. Simply: to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you burn off in a day. You want to know a super easy way to take in less calories a day? Cut out one of the higher calorie food groups and your calories consumed per day goes down. It's great news for those of you trying to lose weight....unless you actually really love bread, pasta and grains or like me if you cut those out of your diet completely your workouts suffer, you're tired all the time, going to the bathroom becomes a struggle and you slight hate life because you are hungry and grumpy all the time.  So what is a car...

The Six Key Elements to Nutrition Planning: Vitamins and Minerals

Building meal plans can be confusing with all the contradictory diet advice out there. There are however six key elements every meal plan should include. Today we are diving deeper into element number two: vitamins and minerals Vitamins and minerals are typically referred to as micronutrients. Just like with macronutrients your body needs these to help build, repair and perform at its optimal level. They are your nutritional safety net and help your body perform hundreds of vital functions. Micronutrients help every system in your body perform and can also help prevent disease and disorders including blindness and scurvy. Getting vital micronutrients can also help with creating strong bones, preventing birth defects and healthy teeth. Vitamins are organic compounds that can be broken down by heat, air or acid whereas minerals are inorganic compounds and hold their chemical structure. This just means it is easier for your body to obtain minerals through your diet thanks to soil,...