Skip to main content

I am NOT Perfect!

I am a health coach. I help others lead a healthy, active lifestyle that fits around their goals and obligations. I workout, lead fitness classes, eat healthy but I am not perfect.

The internet shows us one side of life. I look like I have it all together but life happens to me to. I frequently pack my schedule to full and end up missing quality time with my friends and family.

Some days my anxiety takes over and it is a struggle to get through the day. Sometimes all this compounds and I feel like I am letting everyone down.

Mental health is an important part of any health journey. You can eat all the right foods and do all the right exercises but you have to get your head right because it won't always be easy. Life happens to everyone. Unexpected things pop up and you have to be in a good head space to handle them and not let it wreck you.

I do mental training with all my clients. I help them brainstorm obstacles that may come up in their journey and help them pre-plan steps they can take to overcome. I do this for myself too. When they fail or mess up I tell them it is ok. Everyone fails sometimes and that is ok what is important is that you learn from the failure, get back up and next time no what to to do to succeed.

To help prepare yourself for the hard times, because they will come:

  • Declare your why. Why do you want this, what will it feel like to achieve it, is it strong enough to get you through the days you feel like giving up? Put a visual representation somewhere you will see it and look it it daily.
  • Brainstorm things that could pop up and derail your plan. Emergencies, sickness, death, accident, natural disasters, zombies.. then make a plan for what you will do if those things happen.
  • Fill your cup with positive things. Listen to uplifting music, podcasts or youtube videos. Read books that fill you head with good thoughts. Cut out toxic people or those who tear you down.
  • Have someone you trust who you can reach out to when you have a hard day, who will listen and then talk you into not giving up.

If you are struggling right now, reach out. To me if a stranger seems like the best path or to someone you trust.

You don't have to do this alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did You Celebrate the Holiday?

Yesterday was Labor Day for those of us in the United States this holiday celebrates the social and economic achievements of American workers.  If you celebrated yesterday and you are feeling a little rough today here are three tips to help ease you into your Tuesday and get you feeling a bit better. 1. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces. If you indulged in adult beverages or ate some foods that are higher in sodium today than you are used to you may be feeling a little rough. Added electorylates could also help you feel a tad better, along with some green tea or black coffee for a boost of caffeinated energy without the sugar crash later.  2. Add some protein to each meal or snack (it will help keep your sugar levels stable) and add in some fruits and veggies for their antioxidant punch.  3. Don't beat yourself up for indulging. Life is about balance and one bad day, snack or meal won't wreck your progress. Get back on track today and ...

Carbs are Killing you?!

Do I have your attention?  Good. Because Carbs Aren't Killing You! They aren't making you fat either. I know, I know all the diet advice out there is telling you to cut carbs and you will lose weight. That isn't actually true. Well actually it is true, but not for the reason you think. All weight loss is is a calories deficit, calories in vs calories out. Simply: to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you burn off in a day. You want to know a super easy way to take in less calories a day? Cut out one of the higher calorie food groups and your calories consumed per day goes down. It's great news for those of you trying to lose weight....unless you actually really love bread, pasta and grains or like me if you cut those out of your diet completely your workouts suffer, you're tired all the time, going to the bathroom becomes a struggle and you slight hate life because you are hungry and grumpy all the time.  So what is a car...

The Six Key Elements to Nutrition Planning: Vitamins and Minerals

Building meal plans can be confusing with all the contradictory diet advice out there. There are however six key elements every meal plan should include. Today we are diving deeper into element number two: vitamins and minerals Vitamins and minerals are typically referred to as micronutrients. Just like with macronutrients your body needs these to help build, repair and perform at its optimal level. They are your nutritional safety net and help your body perform hundreds of vital functions. Micronutrients help every system in your body perform and can also help prevent disease and disorders including blindness and scurvy. Getting vital micronutrients can also help with creating strong bones, preventing birth defects and healthy teeth. Vitamins are organic compounds that can be broken down by heat, air or acid whereas minerals are inorganic compounds and hold their chemical structure. This just means it is easier for your body to obtain minerals through your diet thanks to soil,...