Skip to main content

When Life Gives You Obstacles Have A Plan in Place

Monday I shared my before pictures for my competition. The grand prize is a trip to Cabo and I am all in for that vacation!

Almost eight years ago I started a journey simply to be able to fit in my clothes again. Little did I know that simple journey would change the entire trajectory of my life. My original goal was to be able to wear all my clothes again but after smashing that goal I started to focus on building muscle and getting fit.

 I set my next goal to be 19% body fat. Sometimes I get close but I always fall back on old habits and derail my progress. This year I said no more!
So I have been focused (minus that New Orleans trip) and I am currently at 23.7% and I am committed to following the 28 Day program with 100% accuracy BUT I also know myself and I know my usual trip ups and so I did what any former crisis communication major would do and brainstormed all of my potential downfalls and what I will do when faced with them. I won't go over all of them because they are unique to me but wanted to give you an idea of the things I struggle with because even of those who coach others and seem to have it all together struggle.

1. Kitchen Mess Ups at work- Most of the time I don't have problems saying no to the food at work but when the kitchen messes up some of my faves it's fair game but now its 5-4-3-2-1- WALK AWAY! If this sounds dumb read The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins.

2. Removal of snacks- I eat five to six meals a day. This program cuts those out and I know it will take a week or so to my body to adjust to my new feeding schedule (3 big meals.) So I will focus on water and add in an extra total control (helps curb appetite) until I adjust.

3. Lower calories and complex carbs- I have been eating at maintenance for awhile now, which means this drop  in energy source is going to hit me hard but knowing it's coming I have my mind ready.

4. Those around me have the good stuff- In an ideal world I would live alone and have 100% control over the food in my house and have zero temptations in the pantry, fridge or freezer. That isn't how the world works so I told my loved ones not to offer me food or buy me my favorite things during the challenge. I will also use the 5 second rule for when they aren't around.


The thing is that life always happens. Nothing ever goes as planned. You have to know obstacles will come and sometimes you can plan for them and sometimes you can't. What matters is that you keep pushing for your goal. You get knocked down but you don't give up. Will I reach my goal? ABSOLUTELY! I am going until.... it could happen during this 28 day challenge or it could take a tad longer but I will get there. YOU CAN TOO! GO FOR YOUR GOAL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did You Celebrate the Holiday?

Yesterday was Labor Day for those of us in the United States this holiday celebrates the social and economic achievements of American workers.  If you celebrated yesterday and you are feeling a little rough today here are three tips to help ease you into your Tuesday and get you feeling a bit better. 1. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces. If you indulged in adult beverages or ate some foods that are higher in sodium today than you are used to you may be feeling a little rough. Added electorylates could also help you feel a tad better, along with some green tea or black coffee for a boost of caffeinated energy without the sugar crash later.  2. Add some protein to each meal or snack (it will help keep your sugar levels stable) and add in some fruits and veggies for their antioxidant punch.  3. Don't beat yourself up for indulging. Life is about balance and one bad day, snack or meal won't wreck your progress. Get back on track today and ...

Carbs are Killing you?!

Do I have your attention?  Good. Because Carbs Aren't Killing You! They aren't making you fat either. I know, I know all the diet advice out there is telling you to cut carbs and you will lose weight. That isn't actually true. Well actually it is true, but not for the reason you think. All weight loss is is a calories deficit, calories in vs calories out. Simply: to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you burn off in a day. You want to know a super easy way to take in less calories a day? Cut out one of the higher calorie food groups and your calories consumed per day goes down. It's great news for those of you trying to lose weight....unless you actually really love bread, pasta and grains or like me if you cut those out of your diet completely your workouts suffer, you're tired all the time, going to the bathroom becomes a struggle and you slight hate life because you are hungry and grumpy all the time.  So what is a car...

The Six Key Elements to Nutrition Planning: Vitamins and Minerals

Building meal plans can be confusing with all the contradictory diet advice out there. There are however six key elements every meal plan should include. Today we are diving deeper into element number two: vitamins and minerals Vitamins and minerals are typically referred to as micronutrients. Just like with macronutrients your body needs these to help build, repair and perform at its optimal level. They are your nutritional safety net and help your body perform hundreds of vital functions. Micronutrients help every system in your body perform and can also help prevent disease and disorders including blindness and scurvy. Getting vital micronutrients can also help with creating strong bones, preventing birth defects and healthy teeth. Vitamins are organic compounds that can be broken down by heat, air or acid whereas minerals are inorganic compounds and hold their chemical structure. This just means it is easier for your body to obtain minerals through your diet thanks to soil,...